2020 “Season of Reveling”
This December’s Christmas Revels will not take place on a stage… but Washington Revels will celebrate nonetheless!
Our Artistic Team has been hard at work imagining the possibilities of a virtual Christmas Revels. Much more information is coming soon! Right now we are excited to share that we will not only present a virtual Winter Solstice Revels, but also we are also planning an ongoing “suite” of Fall programming — a “Season of Reveling” — with which we plan to:
- Showcase special Christmas Revels elements never before possible on the Lisner Auditorium stage…
- Expand your Christmas Revels experience by drawing on aspects of our year-round programs, and…
- Brighten your path toward the Solstice by connecting Revels with many different holidays and seasonal celebrations!
Learn about opportunities to join our virtual chorus:
Sign up for our E-newsletter to receive 2020 Christmas Revels updates:
Help Washington Revels Sustain Community during COVID:
More donation options and instructions are available on this page and at RevelsDC.org/Support.
For our regular Early Priority Ticketing donors, we are still determining how the Early Priority process will work this year. Thank you for your patience. More info will be coming soon.
Below you can read our Christmas Revels announcement from earlier this Summer and find links to resources on COVID-19 and live performing arts.
May 21 – Update on the 2020 Christmas Revels
Click below for more information on COVID-19’s impact on group singing and other resources:
Support Revels OnlineMake a One-time Donation Make a Recurring Donation
Give by Phone
Call the Revels office with your credit
card information at 301-587-3835
Give by Check
Send a check payable to “Washington Revels” to:
Washington Revels, Inc.
531 Dale Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Make a donation of stock or other securities by calling the office for instructions
Washington Revels is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, so donations are tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
Our flagship production, The Christmas Revels, is a festive, fully staged celebration of the Winter Solstice and the return of sun and light after the “shortest day,” radiating hope and joy in the renewal of life and the circle of the seasons. Seen by over 10,000 people every December, it draws on traditions and rituals from many lands and peoples, focusing each year on a different culture or related cultures.
Select a link below to learn more about that production.
- 2019: “Celestial Fools”
- 2018: An Elizabethan Celebration of the Winter Solstice
- 2017: A French-Canadian Celebration of the Winter Solstice
- 2016: A Nordic Celebration (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden)
- 2015: A Medieval Celebration of the Winter Solstice
- 2014: An Irish Celebration of the Winter Solstice
- 2013: “Echoes of Thrace” (Bulgaria, Greece & Turkey)
- 2012: “Spirits of Haddon Hall”
- 2011: “Treasures of Andalusia” (Jewish, Arabic & Spanish)
- 2010: Thomas Hardy (featuring The Mellstock Band)
- 2009: Leonardo’s Workshop (Italian Renaissance)
- 2008: French Canadian (Québécois)
- 2007: Elizabethan English
- 2006: Early American
- 2005: Northlands (Nordic)
- 2004: “The King and the Fool” (English Medieval)
- 2003: “Roads of the Roma”
- 2002: Victorian England
- 2001: Leonardo’s Workshop (Italian Renaissance)
- 2000: Celtic
- 1999: Celestial Fools
- 1998: Shepherd Alley – Washington, D.C.
- 1997: Medieval – King and the Fool
- 1996: Northlands
- 1995: French
- 1994: Victorian
- 1993: Celtic
- 1992: Celestial Fools
- 1991: Russian and American
- 1990: Medieval
- 1989: Storybook
- 1988: Medieval
- 1987: Celtic
- 1986: French
- 1985: Appalachian-American (featuring Jean Ritchie)
- 1984: “Haddon Hall”
- 1983: Medieval