Washington Revels offers internship opportunities for high school and college students throughout the year to assist with general office work and special projects. Our team of interns has the opportunity to observer firsthand how a small, non-profit theater company functions behind the scenes, to learn key office management skills, and to and to manage and maintain content on Revels’ current marketing and social media channels. Opportunities and schedule will be determined by the student in conjunction with the Volunteer & Education Manager. All responsibilities will be based on interest and experience. Schedules should generally average a minimum of 8 hours per week but can be flexible depending on the needs of the student. Positions are unpaid but can potentially fulfill community service or credit requirements.
All internships are VIRTUAL through August 2021, though some projects may require interns to pick up items from the Washington Revels office. Decisions about potential in-person internships for Fall 2021 will be made at a later date.
- Interest in performing arts and cultural traditions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a small group of staff and fellow interns
- Basic computer skills in Mac, Office Suite, Google Drive and other internet applications
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
Sample Internship Projects
- Post upcoming events to online calendars
- Scan historical documents for Washington Revels archive
- Review contact/mailing lists, identify and update outdated/incorrect contact info
- Create captioning for video releases on YouTube and Facebook
- Work with the Marketing team to create copy for social media posts and the Washington Revels Blog
All interested applicants should send a cover letter indicating interests and resume to Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.