We plan to keep reveling with you — with your help this #GivingTuesday!
This Spring, Washington Revels promised our community that we would be here throughout the pandemic — and we’ve kept that promise with new free and low-cost virtual programs that are connecting us in shared joy.
In the face of the continuing COVID-19 crisis, Washington Revels is relying on the generosity of donors to support these programs, pay performers, and keep operating.
For #GivingTuesday, we’ve partnered with the Catalogue for Philanthropy‘s Give Local Together campaign — and we need your help to reach our ambitious $15,000 fundraising goal.
There are two easy ways you can support Revels on December 1:
- Donate via our GivingTuesday page
- Give during one of our “Power Hours” on December 1 to help us reach the most individual donors and win a cash prize. Power Hours are from 12-1 PM and 8-9 PM.
- Is Giving Tuesday not a good day for you? Early Giving is open, so you can make your gift today and help us reach our goal.
- Email friends and/or post about our fundraiser on social media using our sharing resources.
(using our ready-made text & photos!)
Your generosity will be paid forward as we continue to innovate through the Winter months ahead, looking with hope towards a season of renewal for all of us.
How to Help:
Telling your friends why you support Washington Revels will help us reach so many more people than we ever could on our own. It only takes a minute to copy, paste and customize one of these posts:
- @RevelsDC has made a place for us to be together and share music, stories & traditions while we can’t gather in person. Help me support Washington Revels in connecting people now and when COVID is behind us. Anything you can donate on #GivingTuesday will make a real difference: https://bit.ly/gt2020-revels
- On #GivingTuesday I’m raising money for @RevelsDC. They’ve created meaningful celebrations online to help us all stay connected while we’re stuck apart. Can you help Washington Revels reach their goal today? Give here: https://bit.ly/gt2020-revels
- I’m so proud of the @RevelsDC community! All during COVID Washington Revels has kept bringing people together with daily online programs, digital holiday traditions, and more virtual programs. Can you help keep them going on #GivingTuesday? Any amount you donate will help: https://bit.ly/gt2020-revels
HOW TO TAG: @ tags work automatically on Twitter and Instagram. On Facebook you must retype “@RevelsDC” and select “Washington Revels” from the drop-down menu to tag us.
Want to create your own message? Even Better! BE SURE TO SHARE THIS LINK: https://bit.ly/gt2020-revels
Use one of these photos with your post:
For best results, “right-click and save/download” any of the photos below to your desktop to use them in your post. (You may also try to “click-and-drag” the photos to your desktop but some browsers save these too small for use.) If you have any issues saving the photos, email Ross Wixon and he will send them to you directly.
WHAT: Help us reach our fundraising goal of $15,000 any way you can: donate through our Catalogue for Philanthropy site or spread the word by email and on social media!
SIGN-UP: Email Grace VanderVeer at email@example.com to let her know you plan to participate as a social media ambassador — you’ll receive updates and instructions before and on December 1. Thanks for your help!