Lay the foundation for a successful career in theatre production with Washington Revels!
Washington Revels, a traditional performing arts community based in Silver Spring, MD, seeks a Production Intern for the Fall 2019 semester (beginning August 2019). The Fall season is Washington Revels’ busiest time of year as we prepare for our annual Christmas Revels, a fully staged theatrical production seen by 10,000 people at GW Lisner Auditorium each December.
Candidates should be available for a minimum of 8 hours per week, with weekend and evening duties required. Work schedule will be determined by the intern in conjunction with the Production Manager and the Volunteer & Education Manager. Positions are unpaid but can potentially fulfill community service or credit requirements.
- Interest in performing arts and cultural traditions
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills in Mac, Office Suite, Google Drive and other internet applications
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard business hours, including evenings and weekends
- Access to independent transportation, whether that be your own vehicle or public transportation
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist the Production Manager in maintaining props, including organizing, pulling, and creating any props needed for The Christmas Revels
- Assist Production Manager and Stage Manager with tracking of all aspects of the production of the show both in paperwork and online
- Attend rehearsals to observe, take notes, and fulfill other tasks as needed
- Assist in the maintenance of script changes
- Work on a Run Crew
- Assume Assistant Stage Manager or Assistant Production Coordinator responsibilities as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Colin Bills, Production Manager & Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume detailing education and relevant work/volunteer experience to: Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Call 301-830-4407 or email email@example.com.