Lay the foundation for a successful career in marketing with Washington Revels!
Washington Revels, a traditional performing arts community based in Silver Spring, MD, seeks a Marketing and Social Intern (18+) for the Fall 2019 semester (beginning August 2019). The Fall season is Washington Revels’ busiest time of year as we prepare for and promote our annual Christmas Revels, a fully staged theatrical production seen by 10,000 people at GW Lisner Auditorium each December.
Candidates should be available for a minimum of 8 hours per week, with occasional weekend duties possible. Work schedule will be determined by the intern in conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Development and the Volunteer & Education Manager. Positions are unpaid but can potentially fulfill community service or credit requirements.
- Interest in performing arts and cultural traditions
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills in Mac, Office Suite, Google Drive and other internet applications
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
Responsibilities may include:
- Propose images, copy and timeline for social media posts; execute approved campaigns
- Identify leads for ensemble performances, program ad sales, group ticket sales, auditions announcements and cross-promotional opportunities; draft and send emails and make follow-up phone calls
- Post upcoming events to online calendars
- Prepare promotional materials for distribution and maintain distribution records
- Review contact/mailing lists, identify and update outdated/incorrect contact info
- Assist with marketing calendar and advertising placements
- Assist with preparation and analysis of Christmas Revels ticket data
- Inventory marketing files and propose organizational improvements
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Ross Wixon, Marketing & Development Director
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume detailing education and relevant work/volunteer experience to: Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Call 301-830-4407 or email email@example.com.