When we can’t gather in Lisner Auditorium, what are Revelers to do?
Make our celebration bigger than ever, of course!
This Fall’s virtual “Season of Reveling” will span four entire months, stretching from the Autumnal Equinox to the Winter Solstice and beyond. Along the way, we’ll showcase special Christmas Revels elements never before possible, expand your Fall experience by drawing on aspects of our year-round programs, and brighten your path toward the Solstice by connecting Revels with many different holidays and Fall celebrations!
Be Part of the Virtual Village this Fall!
Adult & Teen Choruses
Help create virtual choir pieces for the Winter Solstice Revels, a highlight of our Fall “Season of Reveling”! Adults and Teens will rehearse virtually each Wednesday from September 23–November 18 as we learn the music for the Solstice event on December 20th. Upcoming highlights include:
- Sept. 22 – Video presentation of “Emerald Stream” released on Social Media
- Sept. 23 – First chorus rehearsal and Revels Town Hall (Dog & Pony)
- Sept. 30 – Laura Choi Stuart leads a vocal workshop to help us sound our best
Who Can Participate?
- Adults who have been a part of a Christmas Revels or May Revels chorus, have been members of our performing ensembles (Gallery Voices, Heritage Voices, Jubilee Voices, Maritime Voices), or who were teens in a past Washington Revels performance or workshop.
- Current Teens (age 14-18) who have been part of a past Washington Revels performance or workshop.
- Adult/Teen Chorus members must commit to (a) attending Wednesday evening sectional rehearsals from September 23-November 18 and (b) making at least two virtual recordings in their voice part by November 18.
If you are interested in being part of the Adult/Teen Chorus, send an email to email@example.com.
Children who have participated in a previous Washington Revels performance or after-school workshop, or whose immediate family members have performed in or volunteered for a previous Washington Revels production, are invited to take part in the Children’s Chorus (the “Winter Solstice Children”) for the virtual Winter Solstice Revels, a highlight of this Fall’s “Season of Reveling”! Winter Solstice Children will learn and perform songs and dances that will be recorded and integrated into our December 20th Solstice Revels, and they will have fun celebrating Fall holidays from around the world through stories, traditions, games, and songs!
Children’s Chorus: the “Winter Solstice Children”
- Ages 8-11
- Must have been in a previous Washington Revels performance/workshop; or an immediate family member must have performed in or volunteered for a previous Washington Revels production. If your child is not eligible for the Children’s Chorus, they can experience the joy of reveling in our Fall RevelsKids@Home virtual workshops.
- Wednesdays, September 23–November 18, 4:30-5:45 PM
- Winter Solstice Revels, Sunday, December 20, 7 PM
- Participation Fee: $250/child for the season ($25/session). Scholarships are available!
- A signed publicity waiver is required for children to be part of this public virtual event. If you prefer your children not be featured in this way, you are welcome to enroll them in our RevelsKids@Home Virtual Workshops.
Sunday Family Sings: In addition to the Solstice performance, all Winter Solstice Children and their families are also invited to come together on Sunday afternoons in December to learn the audience songs for the Winter Solstice Revels, learn to make ribbon sticks, Solstice decorations, and more! Families can practice the songs together to get ready for the joyous Solstice Revels, our participatory virtual performance that caps our Fall “Season of Reveling” on December 20th.
We will be using a child’s age as of September 1st to determine placement in the Winter Solstice Children. Some exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. If you have a question or concern about your child’s eligibility, please contact Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know this has been a difficult year for many. Full or partial scholarships are available for this program! If you need a scholarship, please contact Grace VanderVeer at email@example.com.
Send an email to Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, with:
- Child’s Name
- Child’s Age
- Name of the Class You are Registering
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Email
- Parent/Guardian Phone Number
Grace will follow up with payment instructions and a registration form prior to the start of the Fall term. Enrollment is on a first-come-first-served basis.