The Administrative Assistant provides critical administrative support to the Revels organization and senior staff (principally the Business & Development Director and Executive Director) in three main areas: general office support; financial support; and development/fundraising. In addition to daily collaboration with other office employees and volunteer staff, the job involves significant interaction with donors, production personnel, performers, volunteers, patrons of our various programs, and vendors. Given the small number of full-time office staff (6), the Administrative Assistant will need to pitch in and help with other tasks that may be assigned. The position reports directly to the Business & Development Director. It is a full-time position, with flexible hours possible. Occasional evening and weekend hours as needed. Must own or have ready access to a car and be willing to use it for work-related needs.
- Interface in office and via telephone and written communications with Revels’ community of office staff, performers, volunteers, donors, artistic and production personnel, audience and vendors
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including bulk mailings
- Maintain office Google calendar, coordinate staff meeting schedule and agenda, and take meeting minutes
- Monitor quantities of office supplies and re-order as needed
- Maintain office filing system and general organization
- Interact with landlord’s agent regarding building maintenance and logistics
- Take the lead on office upkeep, with participation and support from all staff members, to ensure office is presentable at all times for guests and visitors
- Use QuickBooks to process bills and invoices, cut checks, reconcile credit card statements, and prepare files and materials for monthly bookkeeper visits and annual audit
- Prepare deposits of checks and cash, entering all data in QuickBooks
- Process payroll in QuickBooks based on information from Paychex or other vendor
- Handle reimbursements to staff for approved purchases, obtaining all necessary backup support from the staff members
- Follow procedures set forth in Financial Policies & Procedures Manual
- Process advance ticket orders for The Christmas Revels and help online purchasers for all ticketed events resolve any problems and issues.
- Process tuition payments for after-school workshops and notify the Education Manager of the names and amounts received
- Assist with preparing and monitoring annual budgets and revised budgets
- Assist with merchandise planning, ordering, inventory, and preparation for events
- Assist the Business & Development Director and Executive Director with other financial management duties as assigned.
- Use Salesforce CRM to record and process all donations and pledges
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters and emails accurately and promptly
- Ensure that the database is up-to-date through accurate record-keeping and updates
- Prepare reports and donor listings for event programs, acknowledgements and fundraising campaigns
- Help manage and implement direct mail and electronic communications for fundraising and marketing campaigns
- Update and maintain donation pages of web site through Network for Good or other fundraising vendor(s)
- Assist as needed with grant research and applications as requested.
- Maintain development calendar to include special events, grant opportunities and requirements, deadlines, fundraising appeals, etc.
- Assist the Business & Development Director and Executive Director with other development and fundraising duties as assigned.
- Occasionally attend and represent the organization at Revels and non-Revels events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Requirements
College degree and significant office administration experience. Strong abilities to organize, work independently, multi-task, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and team orientation critical. Accuracy, attention to detail. Strong computer skills (office is all-Mac). Experience with QuickBooks and Salesforce CRM strongly preferred. Ideal candidate will have experience in arts administration or in non-profit or small business settings, and be passionate about performing arts. Must own or have ready access to a car and be willing to use it for work-related needs. Ability to perform light lifting and moving required.
How to Apply
Email (preferred) resume and cover e-mail or letter addressing appropriateness for position, and any qualifications not covered on resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Washington Revels, Inc. 531 Dale Drive Silver Spring, MD 20910.