Washington Revels, a traditional performing arts community based in Silver Spring, MD, seeks a production intern (age 18+) for the Fall 2018 semester (beginning August 2018). The Fall season is Washington Revels’ busiest time of year as we prepare for our annual Christmas Revels, a fully staged theatrical production at GW Lisner Auditorium each December. Lay the foundation for a successful career in theatre production by joining the Washington Revels production team!
Candidates should be available for a minimum of 8 hours per week, with occasional weekend duties possible. To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume detailing education and relevant work/volunteer experience to: Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at email@example.com.
Questions? Call 301-830-4407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist the Production Manager in maintaining props, including organizing, pulling, and creating any props needed for The Christmas Revels
- Assist Production Manager and Stage Manager with tracking of all aspects of the production of the show both in paperwork and online
- Attend rehearsals to observe, take notes, and fulfill other tasks as needed
- Assist in the maintenance of script changes
- Work on a Run Crew
- Assume Assistant Stage Manager or Assistant Production Coordinator responsibilities as appropriate
- Assist in the day-to-day needs of the office
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Colin Bills, Production Manager & Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager