Washington Revels, a traditional performing arts community based in Silver Spring, MD, seeks a marketing intern (age 18+) for the Fall 2018 semester (beginning August 2018). The Fall season is Washington Revels’ busiest time of year as we prepare for and promote our annual Christmas Revels, a fully staged theatrical production at GW Lisner Auditorium each December. Lay the foundation for a successful career in arts administration by joining the Washington Revels marketing team!
Candidates should be available for a minimum of 8 hours per week, with occasional weekend duties possible. To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume detailing education and relevant work/volunteer experience to: Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Call 301-830-4407 or email email@example.com.
Responsibilities may include:
- Propose images, copy and timeline for social media posts; execute approved campaigns
- Identify leads for ensemble performances, program ad sales, group ticket sales, auditions announcements and cross-promotional opportunities; draft and send emails and make follow-up phone calls
- Post upcoming events to online calendars
- Prepare promotional materials for distribution and maintain distribution records
- Review contact/mailing lists; identify and update outdated/incorrect contact info
- Assist with marketing calendar and advertising placements
- Assist with collation of Christmas Revels ticket data
- Inventory marketing files and propose organizational improvements
- Assist with day-to-day office needs
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Ross Wixon, Marketing Director & Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager