Washington Revels, a traditional performing arts community based in Silver Spring, MD, seeks a Development & Merchandise Intern for the Fall 2018 semester (beginning August 2018). The Fall season is Washington Revels’ busiest time of year as we prepare for our annual Christmas Revels, a fully staged theatrical production at GW Lisner Auditorium each December. Lay the foundation for a successful career in arts administration by joining the Washington Revels development team!
Candidates should be available for a minimum of 8 hours per week, with occasional weekend duties possible. To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume detailing education and relevant work/volunteer experience to: Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at email@example.com.
Questions? Call 301-830-4407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merchandise Responsibilities may include:
- Sort and count all new merchandise for The Christmas Revels
- Assist with pricing and packaging merchandise
- Assist with labeling all merchandise items and ordering new merchandise items as required
- Assist in preparing all merchandise to be transported to Lisner Auditorium
Development Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct research on opportunities for grants and sponsorships
- Assist with writing proposals
- Compile potential donor profiles
- Assist in the day-to-day needs of the office
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Patti Knapp, Business & Development Director & Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager