Lay the foundation for a successful career in the arts with Washington Revels!
Washington Revels seeks a Development and Merchandise Intern for the 2019 Fall semester (beginning August 2019). The Fall season is Washington Revels’ busiest time of year as we prepare for our annual Christmas Revels, a fully staged theatrical production seen by 10,000 people at GW Lisner Auditorium each December.
Candidates should generally average a minimum of 8 hours a week but can be flexible depending on the needs of the intern. Work schedule will be determined in conjunction with the Business and & Development Director and the Volunteer and Education Manager. Positions are unpaid but can potentially fulfill community service or credit requirements.
- Interest in performing arts and cultural traditions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills in Mac, Office Suite, Google Drive and other internet applications
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
Merchandise Responsibilities may include:
- Sort and count all new merchandise for Christmas Revels
- Assist with pricing and packaging merchandise
- Assist with labeling all merchandise items and ordering new merchandise items
- Assist in preparing all merchandise to be transported to Lisner Auditorium
Development Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the day-to-day needs of the offices
- Conduct research on opportunities for grants and sponsorships
- Prepare for production and development events
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Patti Knapp, Business & Development Director
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume detailing education and relevant work/volunteer experience to: Grace VanderVeer, Volunteer & Education Manager, at email@example.com.
Questions? Call 301-830-4407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.